A week ago or so, I wrote a list of my top five faults and how I compensate. To have a positive balance, with a help of a new friend, Deb, I decided to write a list of my top five strengths. This will be short, sweet, and to the point.
1. Attention to detail – I am quite detail-oriented and will find mistakes that most people wouldn’t think to find. I also am good at editing papers and such.
2. I’m sacrificial – I generally give up my free time to help others, and if there is not enough food for everyone at a social gathering, I am usually the one that goes without food. I like to think of everyone else over myself.
3. I’m a generally kind person. – Whenever I can do something nice for someone, I do it. I also try to think ahead and see what someone would want without them having to ask me.
4. I can think of quick solutions to problems. – Thank Goodness I have this skill because my bosses certainly do not care to be proactive in thinking of solutions to clients’ problems. To make a long story short, they pretty much told me there was nothing THEY could do. So… I went over their heads and told my clients to call the county and go to the Senior Services department. At least I tried to help my clients. I care more about my job than just have a paycheck.
5. I’m comical. – I know you bloggers wouldn’t believe me if I told you I was funny, but it’s true. My circle of friends can’t stop laughing once I get going. I tell jokes about everything, and I tickle people. I have great one liners, too. At least you all can laugh about how I *TRY* to be funny.
Again, thank you, Deb, for the idea.
Xara Nahara O’Connor